3 beets, cooked, peeled and diced
4 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons capers
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium-size pot of water, boil three beets on medium-high heat until soft, about 45 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- While the beets are boiling, chop the red onion and parsley. In a separate bowl, blend together the mustard, vinegar and olive oil into a vinaigrette.
- After the beets have cooled, peel off the outer skin and dice the beets into small pieces. Mix together with the onion-parsley, oregano, and capers.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the beet mixture and toss lightly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve beet tartare with pesto on Cult Crackers.