1 cup dried garbanzo beans
3 cloves garlic
1 ½ lemons juiced (about ⅓ cup)
1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt, more to taste
1 cup tahini
½ cup ice water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Soak garbanzo beans in cold water overnight.
- Rinse garbanzo beans and add them to a medium size pot. Add enough water so the garbanzo beans are covered with at least 4" of water.
- Bring water to a boil. Lower heat to medium and cook until garbanzo beans are mushy and soft, about 60-75 minutes.
- Drain the garbanzo beans and set aside.
- Meanwhile, puree the garlic, lemon juice and salt in a food processor or blender. Add tahini and pulse for a few turns. Slowly add the ice water until the tahini is smooth and creamy.
- Add the cooked drained garbanzo beans to the tahini. Blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and sprinkle in cumin. Pulse for a few seconds.
- Taste and add more salt or lemon juice, if needed.
- Smooth the hummus on a plate using a knife to spread it out. Drizzle with olive oil and a dash of paprika.
Dip Cult Crackers into this delicious warm hummus.